Come in to our hot glass studio and make your own blown-glass piece with guidance from our professional glass artist (the gaffer in glassblowing lingo).
Things to know about glassblowing experiences:
• Pre-registration is required for all glassblowing classes
• Glassblowing classes are very popular and frequently sell out; we encourage you to register early
• Children are welcome! If you are 9 or older you can work with hot glass
• You will work one-on-one with our professional glass artist; sessions are scheduled for 15 minutes
• Your hot glass item must cool in a special oven, so you will not be able to take it home the same day. Objects will be available for pick-up the following day the museum is open. Objects created on Saturday are available for pick-up on Tuesday. If you are unable to pick up your item, shipping can be arranged with us.
• Closed-toe shoes must be worn in the hot glass studio
• Eye protection must be worn in the hot glass studio (provided by The Works)
Sign up to make your own glass
Pre-register online or call Guest Services
*Please note: When you click to register for a glass making experience, the link will take you to the first available opening. Simply click on “other dates” or “other times” to find another available date/time.
|November 23||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Pumpkin||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$50/$40 Members|
|November 29||Friday||Make Your Own Glass Ornament||11:00 am - 3:00 pm||11:00 am - 3:00 pm||$35/$25 Members|
|November 30||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Ornament||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$35/$25 Members|
|December 14||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Ornament||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$35/$25 Members|
|December 21||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Ornament||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$35/$25 Members|