Come in to our hot glass studio and make your own blown-glass piece with guidance from our professional glass artist (the gaffer in glassblowing lingo).
Things to know about glassblowing classes:
• Pre-registration is required for all glassblowing classes
• Glassblowing classes are very popular and frequently sell out; we encourage you to register early
• Children are welcome! If you are 9 or older you can work with hot glass
• You will work one-on-one with our professional glass artist; sessions are scheduled for 15 minutes
• Your hot glass item must cool in a special oven, so you will not be able to take it home the same day. Objects will be available for pick-up the following day the museum is open. Objects created on Saturday are available for pick-up on Tuesday. If you are unable to pick up your item, shipping can be arranged with us.
• Closed-toe shoes must be worn in the hot glass studio
• Eye protection must be worn in the hot glass studio (provided by The Works)
Sign up to make your own glass
Pre-register online or call Guest Services
Only a couple spots left on March 23 – register today!
|March 23||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Egg||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$40/$30 Members|
|April 13||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Egg||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$40/$30 Members|
|April 20||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Flower||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$45/$35 Members|
|April 27||Saturday||Make Your Own Glass Flower||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||$45/$35 Members|