Join us in celebrating 25 Years at The Works on Saturday, June 5, with a fun-filled day of outdoor activities, a special glassblowing demonstration, new SciDome shows, and the opening of our brand new Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service exhibit, Habitat! The is a FREE event, but you must reserve tickets. Thank you to Park National Bank for sponsoring this event.
11 AM-4 PM
Museum & Habitat Hours for June 5:
- Works Members: Opens at 11 AM —Reserve tickets here!
- General Public: Opens at Noon — We have two time slots left:
What to expect:
- Opening of the Smithsonian Habitat exhibit
- NEW SciDome Show Habitat Earth, playing every hour – view the trailer!
- Outdoor Courtyard activities 11 AM – 3 PM (Topics include Mushrooms, Backyard Birds, Bugs, What’s that Sound?, Science of Trees & Scavenger Hunt in our Habitat exhibit!)
- Children’s Concert at 2pm – Newark-Granville Symphony Orchestra
- Tiger Mushroom Farms will be on site
- Special Glassblowing Demo at 1 PM by Bill Gudenrath from The Corning Museum of Glass (limited admittance, also livestreamed)
- Free giveaway of toys & games + take-home crafts & activities
- Family fun!
Thank you to Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service for making Habitat possible and to our local partners at The Dawes Arboretum and the Granville Schools Sustainability Project.