In the late 1800s, families gathered around the frozen Ohio and Erie Canal to play games, share stories, and enjoy winter refreshments as a community. The Works’ Holiday Homecoming event celebrates the history and heritage behind these bygone traditions. Visit The Works the day after Thanksgiving to learn about this time period and enjoy family activities, take-home crafts, ornament-making, refreshments & more! Shop our 35% off Glass Sale on Nov 26 & 27.
Please note, The Works follows CDC guidelines for safety and cleaning. Masks are required for ages 2 and up while inside the museum. Thank you!
Included with General Admission/Free for Members
FRI | NOV 26 | 9 AM – 4 PM
ACTIVITIES: 11 AM-3 PM | ALL AGES
Guests who visit The Works the day after Thanksgiving can participate in these activities from 11 am to 3 pm:
- A scavenger hunt (turn it in to receive a free mini STEM kit!)
- Apple cider press demonstration – See how apple cider was made on an olde wooden press, and enjoy a popcorn snack with it!
- Themed photo spots – take your own any time, plus a printed 4×6 photo from The Works 11 -11:30 am, Noon-12:30 pm, 1-1:30 pm & 2-2:30 pm
- A North Pole-themed story in the Interurban Street Car at Noon & 2 pm
- Ornament-making – in Invent Lab with metal parts donated by our partners at Anomatic
- Mini basket-weaving – in the Meeting Room
- Holiday card print-making – in the Meeting Room
- Photo Frame Decorating – on the 2nd Floor
- Glass demo at 1 pm
- SciDome Planetarium Shows going on every hour from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Register to Make Your Own Glass Ornament here!
- 35 percent off select glass in the Gear Shop (all day Friday & Saturday!)